SIT40416 Certificate IV In Hospitality
This qualification reflects the role of skilled operators who use a broad range of hospitality service, sales or operational skills combined with supervisory skills and sound knowledge of industry operations to plan, monitor and evaluate the work of team members. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others, and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a supervisor in hospitality organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multi-skilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, food and beverage, and gaming.
Possible job titles include:
- bar supervisor or team leader
- duty manager
- food and beverage supervisor or team leader
- front office supervisor or team leader
- housekeeping supervisor or team leader
- gaming supervisor or team leader
- shift manager.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
21 units must be completed:
- 9 core units
- 12 elective units, consisting of:
- 1 unit from Group A
- 7 units from Group B
- 4 units from Group B, elsewhere in the SIT Training Package, or any other current Training Package or accredited course.
The selection of electives must be guided by the job outcome sought, local industry requirements and the complexity of skills appropriate to the AQF level of this qualification.