Which course level is right for me?
JCE Positive Outcomes offers a range of different courses – each with its own benefits. These include:
- Nationally Recognised Certificates
- Nationally Recognised Diplomas
- Statements of Attainment
- JCE Professional Certificates
- JCE Short Courses
- JCE Skill Builder Courses - Foundation Skills
To help ensure you make the right choice, below is a brief description of the different course types:
Nationally Recognised Courses
JCE Positive Outcomes offers nationally recognised Certificates, Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas. So, what does ‘nationally recognised’ mean?
A nationally recognised course is part of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). The AQF includes specific standards for courses at different levels. The advantages of studying a nationally recognised course are:
- You will gain a qualification that has been developed in consultation with industry;
- Your qualification will be recognised by industry across Australia;
- Your qualification will carry the same level of recognition as courses delivered on-campus;
- It is generally easier to obtain credit or advanced standing towards further studies;
- Your course is subject to review and audit by the Australian Skills Quality Authority; and
- You can be assured that your course meets the standards required to be nationally recognised
For more information on the AQF, click here. (www.aqf.edu.au)
Nationally Recognised Certificates
JCE Positive Outcomes delivers nationally accredited certificates including:
- Certificate II;
- Certificate III; and
- Certificate IV.
A Certificate II provides students with basic vocational skills and knowledge. A Certificate III develops higher-level vocational skills and requires students to demonstrate an understanding of basic theory within the field. A Certificate IV builds both higher-level vocational skills as well as improved problem-solving and management skills and requires a higher level of theoretical knowledge in the area. In many cases, successful completion of a Certificate IV will be recognised by universities as being equivalent to six months full-time university study.
Nationally Recognised Diplomas
JCE Positive Outcomes delivers nationally accredited diplomas including:
- Diploma; and
- Advanced Diploma
A Diploma provides a greater depth of knowledge in the vocational area and builds higher-level problem solving skills. A Diploma fosters analytical, planning and management skills.
An Advanced Diploma builds specialized knowledge in a particular area and supports the development of more advanced analytical and problem solving skills within the specialized area. An Advanced Diploma also builds management skills.
Students that successfully complete a Diploma or Advanced Diploma may receive credit for up to 12 months and 18 months of equivalent full-time study in an undergraduate degree at an Australian university, respectively.
Statements of Attainment
JCE Positive Outcomes also offer Statements of Attainment in a range of specialised areas. These course include units of competency from nationally recognised courses and are designed to provide specific skills or knowledge.